Good news for Indian nationals wishing to visit Morocco! The North African nation has resumed tourist and visitor visa operations in India and started accepting visa applications for all categories. The Embassy of the Royal Kingdom of Morocco made the announcement. Apparently, the Moroccan border reopened to commercial flights on February 7, 2022.
VFS Global, an international visa consultant, said Moroccan visa applicants in India can submit their applications for all categories. It includes tourist visas at its Visa Application Centers (VACs) in New Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai.
Previously, no visa applications were accepted due to increasing cases of Omicron variant in the country. But now operations have resumed and Indian nationals can easily apply for visas.
Indian nationals will be required to pay INR 2560 plus the Tourism Promotion Fee of INR 140 per application (for tourist and visitor visa categories).
Entry Requirements for Indian Nationals
Morocco is open to fully vaccinated Indian nationals. However, they will need to show their vaccination certificate indicating that they have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival.
1) Tourists will also have to complete a “health card”.
2) Individuals must have a negative RT PCR test report not older than 48 hours.
3) Within 48 hours of arrival, travelers will undergo another test which may be administered at the hotel or tourist residence center.
4) Upon arrival in Morocco, visitors will be required to undergo temperature checks and a random rapid antigen test (free).
5) Unvaccinated persons will need to quarantine for a maximum of 10 days in a government-approved hotel.